We’ve collected all the search marketing news from selected posts to the Search Engine Watch blog in the past week, along with recent search-related headlines from around the Web.
From the SEW blog:
- SEW Experts: Google AdWords 101
The Internet is overflowing with high-level discussion of how to plan a search advertising campaign. But sometimes, a new advertiser needs to know the actual steps of setting up an AdWords campaign and look into the methodology of setting up ads and A/B testing.
- Ask and LookSmart Send Out Click Fraud Settlement Letters
Letters were sent out yesterday for a class action suit that both companies are trying to put behind them.
- AdSense Adds Newbie Central
In their ongoing efforts to help educate their users the Google AdSense team has added Newbie Central – “the complete resource center for newly approved AdSense publishers.”
Linking Issues & Social Media
Local & Mobile Search
Vertical & Specialty Search
In-House & Outsourcing
SEM Industry Issues
More from the SEW Blog
- SEO Company CEO Arrested, Jailed: Accused of Foreclosure Scam
Traffic Power earned an infamous reputation as a search engine optimization firm, allegedly using “black hat” tactics that may have resulted in bans by Google, Yahoo and other search engines. Now Traffic Power’s CEO is behind bars for allegedly running a housing foreclosure scam.
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You’ll find more news from around the Web below.
- How 2007’s Key Search Trend Will Impact 2008, ClickZ Experts
- Why SEOs Will Kill Wikia Search, Marketing Pilgrim
- What Does 2008 Have In Store For Local?, Search Engine Land
- Googler’s Bet Goobles On Predictive Markets During Their Free Lunch, Search Engine Land
- Video: Flipping the 80/20 Business Rule, Search Engine Guide
- Google on Reading Text in Images from Street Views, Store Shelves, and Museum Interiors, SEO by the Sea
- What Was the Most Improved PPC Program in 2007?, Search Engine Roundtable
- Why SEMPO is Worse than the Defunct Search Marketing Associations, SEO Book
- Is Google Knol Really a Wikipedia Rival?, Bill Hartzer
- Why Can’t Google Be More Like Ask.com?, SearchRank
- 2008 The year of Reputation Management?, Endless Plain
- Prediction Markets at Google, Battelle’s SearchBlog
- Search Spend Laps Display Advertising, Alchemist Media
- Clix Marketing’s Favorite PPC Blogs, Clix Marketing
- Queen Of Links – Debra Mastaler Interview, LinkJuicy
- My plea to Google – Please sanitize your REP revamps, Sebastian’s Pamphlets
- 8 AdSense resolutions for 2008, Inside AdSense