We’ve collected all the search marketing news from selected posts to the Search Engine Watch blog in the past week, along with recent search-related headlines from around the Web.
From the SEW blog:
Linking Issues & Social Media
- Privacy Group Takes on Facebook
Privacy watchdog MoveOn.org has posted an online petition demanding that Facebook respect the privacy of users by making it easier to opt out of the “Beacon Ads” program.
Local & Mobile Search
Vertical & Specialty Search
Small Business/Big Brand SEM
In-House & Outsourcing
- SEW Experts: Search Marketing Staffing Crisis
There’s a tradeoff most people face in the process of hiring a search marketing team: hire people with less business experience who are likely more familiar with search, or hire people less familiar with search who have more business experience.
SEM Industry Issues
More from the SEW Blog
We report the top search marketing news daily at the Search Engine Watch Blog. You’ll find more news from around the Web below.
- Social Networks Set Sights on U.K. Market, ClickZ
- Tools for Competitive Search Intelligence, ClickZ
- The Politics & Policy Of The Google-DoubleClick Acquisition, Search Engine Land
- The Thanksgivings of a Search Marketer (2007 Version), SearchRank
- Why We Have to Keep Doing Market Research, Out of my Gord
- R/WW Thanksgiving: Thank You Google for Open Social (Or, Why Open Social Really Matters), Read/Write Web
- Part 2 – The Genesis for a Successful Online Marketing Campaign, Stepforth SEO
- URL Structure and SEO, SEO-space
- SEO & Ninja LinkBuilding > A Chat with We Build Pages’ Jim Boykin, Hobo SEO
- Are Your Landing Pages Lean, Mean Conversion Machines?, Online Marketing Blog
- Techniques that Always Work?: Who Uses Dynamic Keyword Insertion, Traffick
- $110 Million Annually is Wasted by Google With the “I’m Feeling Lucky” Button, Search Engine Rountable
- The Inevitable Evolution of SES Chicago, AimClear Search Marketing
- Landing Pages and Google’s Website Optimizer Patent Applications, SEO by the Sea